Grand Prix action in Monaco
The Monaco Grand Prix is one of the most famous and exciting Formula 1 races in the world and there is no better way to watch the racing than from the deck of a private luxury yacht. Offering front row seats for all the action, the luxury setting of your own private yacht provides the perfect viewpoint for the spills and thrills of Formula 1. For yacht owners and charter clients who are passionate about racing – and even those who aren’t! – the event is a must-do, with racing by day and the nightlife of Monaco by night providing the ultimate week of entertainment.
In 2016 the racing is preceded by the Monaco Historic Grand Prix, held biennially and now in its tenth year, which sees beautiful classic cars racing against each other around the streets of Monaco. Watching these cars is like stepping back in time, and the event is the perfect contrast and warm up to the fast paced action and excitement that the modern day Formula 1 provides.
During both events IYC will be hosting several parties for crew and clients out of the IYC office, which is perfectly located and overlooks the racetrack. Partnering with provisioners Le Coin Des Chefs, Porto Montenegro and Compositeworks shipyards, the parties will provide the perfect setting to enjoy the race atmosphere.
Make the most of all the activity in Monaco and Cannes and charter a luxury yacht for several weeks so you can properly enjoy the buzz of activity around the Formula 1 and Film Festival, as well as the culture and stunning surroundings of the French Riveria. The IYC charter fleet on offer includes the stunning 40m sport yacht Mac Too and the speedy and stylish 30.9m RG 512 which both provide the perfect luxury base to enjoy racing. The Monaco Grand Prixs are always hugely popular events, so book early and make sure you follow our top tips to make the most out of your time in Monaco.
Top Tips for enjoying the Grand Prix on board your luxury yacht:
- Choose your perfect yacht from the IYC fleet – you’ll be spending a lot of time outside making the most of your premium view point, so choose a yacht with plenty of outdoor spaces for entertaining.
- Have an ex-Formula 1 driver join you on board and enjoy unrivalled race expert commentary – your broker can help arrange this.
- Enjoy the social buzz around the racing with one of the parties hosted in the IYC office, which overlooks a section of the race track.
- In between race days, travel to nearby Cannes for a day of red carpet glamour at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Ask your crew to prepare you a signature cocktail, themed around Formula 1.
With so much going on Monaco is unmissable at this time of year. Talk to your IYC Yacht Consultant today to help create the perfect Grand Prix experience. For more information, please contact an IYC office convenient for you. To find out more about the IYC team click here.
For more information, please contact an IYC office convenient for you. In addition to Monaco, IYC has offices in Fort Lauderdale, the Bahamas, Newport, Nantucket, Great Lakes, St. Barths, St. Maarten, Greece, Croatia, Montenegro, Malta and Turkey. For more information on IYC’s Offices click here.