We are pleased to announce the launch of IYC's new online functionality, RESERVE, now live in the charter section of IYC.COM, applicable to yachts in the IYC charter fleet. We are committed to empowering our clients’ decision making and developing user friendly functionalities on our website to support this. IYC is the only company in the industry to enable users to directly reserve a superyacht online.
You are just a few clicks away from your next charter! With IYC's innovative feature, RESERVE, there is very little standing between you and your dream charter yacht.
Now able to place a hold for your desired dates directly through our IYC.COM, we are handing you the key to securing your next charter vacation. Whether you are ready to rebook your preferred yacht a year in advance or looking to pack your bags and step onboard in a matter of days, the process is now made much simpler.
Once you have selected your preferred vessel and dates, you will be asked to authorize 5% of the total charter fee on your card, to place a priority reservation request on the yacht.
This deposit acts as a placeholder for the reservation until the yacht owner accepts the request, a contract is signed, and the remaining charter deposit is paid. No amount will be withdrawn prior to a fully executed Charter Contract.
Our process gives you full flexibility in the reservation process, giving you the freedom of choice to cancel at any time before signing the Charter Agreement.
Once the online reservation is made and the hold is taken, there are 6 simple steps, that follow the standard booking process, standing between you and your charter:
1. Introduction to your assigned IYC Charter Consultant: Your IYC Charter Consultant will promptly contact you to discuss the particulars of your charter, including the desired locations you would like to visit on your charter, details regarding your charter group, and any special requests or if you will need any special equipment you would like on board.
2. Owner Acceptance: If your request is accepted, we will provide you with a reservation acceptance and the cost confirmation to proceed with the booking. If not accepted, you can choose to look into different yacht options. The specific reservation will be canceled and your authorization will be released.
3. Complete the KYC (Know Your Client) process: Time to go through the due diligence process to verify your identity. IYC will request specific documentation to perform all necessary checks.
4. The charter agreement: You will receive a Charter Agreement specifying the terms and conditions, rights and obligations of each party, with a request to place a deposit in order to secure your booking. Once the contract is signed, the reservation amount will be charged.
5. The charter deposit: A deposit of 50% of the total charter fee is required to confirm the booking. Given the original 5% reservation amount, the remaining 45% will be due for payment. The remaining 50% of the charter fee, plus the (APA) Advance Provisioning Allowance and any delivery/redelivery fees, VAT taxes as well as other agreed charges are due one month (four weeks) before the charter begins.
6. Plan your charter details: Your Charter Consultant will work closely with you and the yacht's Captain to plan every aspect of your trip and guarantee a memorable experience.
Currently IYC offers over 140 yachts to choose from, with the Reserve functionality enabled. These yachts are located year-round in all top cruising destinations around the world including the Mediterranean, Caribbean and Bahamas.
Get started with your search today! Find out more HERE