Experience unforgettable Mexico with a charter on 164’/50m M/Y Impromptu
One of the many attractions of owning a superyacht is the ability to explore some of the world’s most incredible destinations from an absolute luxury base. Mexico is on countless bucket lists and is starting to welcome more and more superyachts that are looking to explore all that this incredible country has to offer. This winter 2018/2019 season IYC is delighted to have one of its most popular charter yachts, M/Y Impromptu, available for charter in the Sea of Cortez in Mexico.
Built by Trinity Yachts in 2011, with a refit in 2016 that has left her in peak condition, Impromptu is the perfect base for an unforgettable Mexican charter. Impromptu’s experienced crew are known for their dedication to ensuring a memorable stay for their charter guests. Able to welcome 12 guests the yacht’s six cabins include thesplit-level master, located forward on the main deck and including his/hers bathrooms and an elevated lounge, the VIP queen on the bridge deck and three Kings and a twin on the lower deck.
This family-friendly yacht has been designed with entertaining and socialising in mind, with beautiful spaces inside and out, and her timeless décor, by Patrick Knowles, ensures a welcoming ambiance. The large sun deck is an especially popular space, with oversized raised Jacuzzi, sun pads and loungers, bar, dining table, outdoor cinema and more. Other key features include the generous main saloon, a sky lounge with 120-bottle wine cellar, bar and games table, a huge number of toys and tenders, including a water slide, sailing dinghy and Waverunners, and zero speed stabilisers for added comfort.
Mexico is a spectacular playground for charter guests to enjoy. Once described as “the world’s aquarium” by Jacques Coustea, the Sea of Cortez offers incredible experiences to enjoy by from the water. Conveniently located between Baja, California, and the Mexican mainland, the waters abound with life including whales, dolphins, sealions and over 900 species of fish. Stunning islands are perfect for exploring, with deserted beaches, crystal clean water, snorkeling and diving grounds and vibrant sunsets. Ashore, there are plenty of things to see and do, including boutique shopping, authentic local experiences and fine dining.
Read on for some charter highlights in the Sea of Cortez, as recommended by Captain James Cooper of Impromptu.
– Visit Loreto, considered the oldest settlement on the Baja Peninsula, where you can enjoy a mule ride, go to the mountains to visit the restored Mission of San Javier, or sample some beer from the local craft brewery.
– Sunbathe on the white sands of Isla Coronado, swimming amongst rainbow coloured fish and dolphins in one of the many snorkelling spots.
– Cruise to the Isla Espiritu Santu and Isla Partida. Considered the most beautiful islands in the Sea of Cortez, these two islands are separated by a narrow channel and a part of the Biosphere Reserve. The Ensenada Grande beach, on Isla Partida, was voted the most beautiful beach in Mexico by The Travel Magazine and one of the top 12 beaches in the world
– Explore cosmopolitan La Paz, a city bursting with history. Stroll down the vibrant waterfront, indulge in some shopping, and immerse yourself in the local way of life. Visit the striking Nuestra Señora de La Paz Cathedral or one of the city’s many museums.
– Go whale watching on a private excursion to see these gentle giants up close.
– Swim with sea lions in Bahia de La Paz.
– Dive in Cabo San Pulmo, the only North American hard reef, with over 6,000 species of sealife including sea turtles and rays.
– Visit celebrity hotspot Cabo San Lucas and enjoy some of the buzzing nightlife.
To discuss your own bespoke Mexican yacht charter on Impromptu, or to view a full two-week Mexico yacht charter itinerary, contact the IYC charter team or click here.
Impromptu yacht charter rate: From $265,000 per week plus expenses
For more information on IYC’s range of services please contact the IYC office most convenient to you. IYC has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Miami, Nantucket, Great Lakes, London, Monaco, Greece, Russia, Croatia, Montenegro, Scandinavia and Malta. To contact an IYC office click here.