IYC prides itself on its close involvement with the superyacht community, including the support of many causes close to the heart of industry members. On 5 February 2017, the IYC Crew division hosted the 5th annual Run To The Beat Fun Run
for superyacht crew. Raising an impressive $5,500 for charity, the 2017 edition beat all previous fundraising records for the event, making it the most successful Fun Run to date.
Held in the Isle De Sol Marina in St Maarten, more than 120 crew took part in the all-day charity fundraiser, which included the main event of a sponsored walk/run followed by a pool party and evening white costume party. The Fun Run was held in aid of the incredibly worthwhile St Maarten-based children’s charity The I-CAN Foundation, which offers living accommodation to children who have been victims of neglect, abuse or other social issues. A particularly special element of the day was 15 children from the ICAN foster home joining crew to run, with the children running 217km between them.
Crew from 12 yachts took part, with all participants running a huge combined distance of 1291km and donating $2 for every kilometre completed. Best overall runner was Chief Stewardess Emma Gyenge from M/Y Sea Owl, who clocked an impressive 41km, and Best Overall crew were from M/Y Arion with a combined total of 152km run followed by the crew of M/Y Polly in second place with 125km run in total.
IYC is delighted to have supported such a worthy event, and congratulates all who took part with such enthusiasm to ensure such a successful end result. "Every year, the feedback following the event is overwhelmingly positive, the crew love having been healthy running kms while giving back to the community and the children. The buzz on the docks makes organising this annual event worthwhile. I’m delighted we have smashed the record so thank you to all crew and companies who supported this year's event" says Jennifer Howarth
, Global Crew Placement Director at IYC.
For more information on the IYC Crew division, which provides Crew Placement services click here.
For any inquiries about IYC’s services please contact the IYC office most convenient to you. IYC has offices in the Bahamas, Fort Lauderdale, Newport, Nantucket, St. Maarten, Monaco, Greece, Croatia, Montenegro, Malta and Barcelona. To contact an IYC office click here.
Congratulations to the winners:
- Best overall runner: Chief stewardess Emma Gyenge M/Y SEA OWL: 41km winning a Go Pro donated by National Marine
- Joint 2nd both completing 25km:
- 2nd stewardess Alice Clements M/Y THE WELLESLEY: winning a GMT travel voucher of $250 and a personal training on a Jetsurf donated by Luxury water Toys
- Chief stewardess Anya Van Der Venter M/Y ARION: winning a $100 Bamboo Bernie voucher and a personal training on a Jetsurf donated by Luxury water Toys
- Joint 1st Male completing 38km:
- Chief Engineer Julian White M/Y BATON ROUGE: winning a GMT $250 travel voucher and a personal training on a Jetsurf donated by Luxury water Toys
- Chef Matius Grand M/Y ARION: winning a 2 night stay at the Commodore Suites and a personal training on a Jetsurf donated by Luxury water Toys
- Runner up completing 37km: Levi Crocker M/Y HAYKEN $100 Karakters voucher
- Best Captain completing 25km: Luke Hammond M/Y POLLY winning a bottle of St Barths Rhum donated by VSF value $650
- Best Overall Crew: M/Y ARION running a total of 152km winning a day of Luxury water Toys by Luxury Water Toys and a Toppers Rhum Tour
- Best overall crew (of an average number of KM completed by a crew): M/Y ARION winning a Cabana at Loterie Farm
- Runner up best crew completing 125km: M/Y POLLY winning a Toppers Rhum Tour
- Best Fancy dress while running: M/Y HAYKEN and M/Y BLUE AGAVE winning a Bottle to share at Rhythm and Booze and a Toppers Tour
- The Children from the Foster Home completed 217km
Yachts that participated: 4You / ARION / ATTITUDE / BACCHUS / BATON ROUGE / BLUE AGAVE / HAYKEN / POLLY / PALOMA / RHINO / SEA OWL / STARFIRE / TOUCH / THE WELLESLEY